Silver is considered to be a decent, evergreen, and enlightened metal which can be crafted into charming and elegant jewelry. Silver jewelry is a must-have in every woman’s jewelry collection, and probably every woman has at least one piece made of silver. The reason being silver is far less expensive than gold or other precious metals and still looks phenomenal. Nowadays, sterling silver is quite popular among jewelry lovers. Let’s increase the knowledge about sterling silver jewelry.

What is sterling silver?

Sterling silver is an alloy metal that is formed as a result of copper mixed in pure silver. The resulting compound is excellent in durability and lesser in softness than pure silver making it ideal for jewelry. Usually, sterling silver has 92.5% pure silver, and the rest 7.5% part includes copper or another metal (such as nickel and zinc.)

The difference between Sterling Silver and Pure Silver

Pure silver consists of 99.9% actual silver content. Hence, it is too soft to make jewelry and often mixed with other metals to make it appropriate for jewelry making. Sterling silver is more durable than pure silver as it has a purity of 92.5%, meaning that 7.5% of the alloy is made of copper or another metal.

Pure silver has a stamp of 999, 99.9, or .99 which indicates how much silver the particular jewelry piece contains per hundred or thousand parts. Whereas, Sterling silver made in the U.S. is marked 925, .925 or 92.5. Jewelry with less purity is not considered sterling silver according to U.S. standards.

 Why should you buy sterling silver jewelry?

If you are the one who loves classic and antique jewelry, you will love sterling silver. Below mentioned are the top reasons why we recommend investing in it.

Versatility

It was a widely believed notion among many people that sterling silver metal is only good for earrings or it is just an affordable alternative to white gold. However, the spectacular and long-lasting jewelry made out of this noble metal proves it completely wrong. Be it fine bracelets or pretty toe rings sterling silver makes every jewel piece look beyond beautiful.

Endless options

There are endless options in sterling silver to choose from. Because it is a comparatively soft metal, it is easy to experiment with the designs. No matter what piece of jewelry you are looking for pendants, earrings, necklaces, rings, or bracelets, there are countless options available.

Non-Allergic

People who are allergic to certain metals can also wear sterling silver jewelry without having worried about the cons. Especially with earrings because piercing tends to be infected by alloy metals quickly.

Easy to maintain

The only reason which stops people to invest in sterling silver is, tarnishing. Trust us it is not as hard as it seems to maintain the shine of sterling silver jewelry. The hardware or craft stores have a varnish that is used to clean silver. All you need to do is – clean your jewelry with varnish and a fresh clean piece of cloth, and it will be sparkling as new.

Sterling silver allows you to shine brightest among the crowd. You can style it with any attire as silver makes any outfit look effortlessly graceful.

Sharing is caring!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *